Monday, July 14, 2014

Antisemitism at RALLY for GAZA.

Shirlee Finn from Jews Down Under:



I decided, against my better judgement and curiosity, to attend a pro-Gaza rally in the city on Sunday 13th July with a friend.
…………… but let’s forget that for the moment.
The night before, Saturday,  I and a few other Israel supporters, were posting on the Facebook page for this rally. The ignorance of these pro-Palestinian supporters defies belief, they don’t know the most basic facts. It doesn’t take long to realise this has really has nothing to do with being pro anything, but all about being anti...


Antisemitic that is.
I experienced something I have only heard about. I and others were verbally attacked with antisemitic comments, though mainly me. I cannot begin to tell you how sick I felt and still do. Feeble word I know, but there are no words to describe how I feel. I am still churning inside. Never in my life did I expect this in our beautiful country where, apparently, multiculturalism has been a great success.!!
I think I was targeted more than the others, as I was the only person posting actual facts and figures, whereas everyone else was posting  videos and posters. The Max Brenner remark was specifically for me, as I have a Max Brenner picture on my profile. It was mainly one person . According to a surname search, he is Turkish. The last one is a young pretty hijab wearing woman.
Here are  a few of them. Only a few I might add.
Your wife must be blind mate you’ve got a head like a smashed pumpkin you filthy Jewish dog… Go have a shower everyone knows u pigs only wash once a month.
shame everyone in Australia has boycotted Max Brenner that u use as a profile pic… Stay away from the chocolate my Muslim mate works in the New town store u eat at and pisses in the food… Watch out its not kosher.
Ze tooraaah … Why do u guys sound like that when u talk?? Like someone straining for a shit and coughing at the same time. Do us all a favor and go wobble back and forth reciting Satan’s manual and sticking your cocks in the wailing wall.
These putrid people r so scared that in Australia when they drop kids off at school they check under the cars for bombs. The school looks like a prison and the kids Dont have friends from the outside society. Explains why believe the lies their told. Of course mummy thinks your brilliant little ***** and little ****** poo… U r the chosen ones!! Chosen to go fuk yourself you scummy chatty dogs
And Samantha Saint guys will be dyeing to be first to welcome u into the country.. Even the Jewish dads who go who have to go repent at the synagogue bcos they watch and imagine you cos there wives are bald fat bitches. That’s not even a joke they wear wigs and have sex through a hole in a white sheet… That’s legit too I’m not making it up…
******** and ****** you scums of the earth get the out of here you scummy pigs. We don’t want jews in Australia go back to Europe so another Hitler can appear and finish you scums off. I don’t blame him for burning 6 million of you scums alive. You wanna know why youre the most hated religion on this planet? because god has labelled you as the prophet killers. He favoured jews over all his creation and all he asked for in return was their submission, but instead they boycotted and killed every prophet he sent them. You even killed Jesus (peace be upon him) you mutts!!!! so God sent down a verse saying “Become apes: Despised and Disgraced!”
With that out of the way, let’s get on with the rally.
When I arrived at Sydney Town Hall I was quite taken aback by the numbers of people there. Here I was in a sea of Arabs,keffiyehs, hijabs, niqabs, hamas headbands, Palestinian flags, Greens’ banners, black “flags of Jihad” and  good number of Hezbollah flags , which was surprising seeing as this was supposed to be about Gaza.
It was comforting to see the Police there in such great numbers. There were Police from the Riot Squad as well as regular and mounted Police.
I have to tell you I found the whole event frightening and very confronting. I was not comfortable, far from it. The anger, the rage, the hate was overwhelming and I really was quite scared.
I was especially upset to see tiny children dressed in Hezbollah flags, Hamas outfits with headbands too, draped in keffiyehs and pumping the air with their fists yelling
“Death to Israel” “Down, down with Israel”  “Israel, Israel, who can’t hide, you support genocide” and the original “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free”This is a photo of your ‘typical’ family from a Facebook page! There are no words necessary here.
The lies and hate there I have no words for.
The organisers were repeatedly saying they are not against Jews but Israel, yet the number of antisemitic posters showed that as a lie. According to a couple of people on Facebook there were some ISIS flags there too, but neither of us saw one.


The guy with the HOLY COST sign saw me with a camera and raised it for me to photograph.

I was going to do a whole spiel about what all the speakers said, but I will just do bits as they come to mind.

The lies out there are not funny and our adversaries are doing a good job of getting misinformation out and we really need to do something to reverse that.

The woman who ‘conducted the whole thing , amid her screaming the usual well known slogans and riling everyone up to a state of  frightening hysteria, came out with a statement about McDonald’s which puzzled me and still does.
She said for people not to buy McDonalds’ because they support Israel. Her exact words were ….
“For every McDonald’s burger you buy, you are paying for a bullet to Gaza”
I have no idea where that comes from and find it rather funny and so will you if you watchthis video I highlighted in “Arabs Down Under” where you can order McDonald’s from El Arish in Egypt, delivered ‘via tunnel’.
Another was that “Gaza is the most densely populated place on earth” whilst I know full well it stands at 22.
A man who apparently had just returned from a visit to Gaza told of how people are crying out for help as they are starving? Have no medical supplies? Have no power? Yet we know that even in the midst of this conflict Israel is delivering food, fuel and medical supplies, whilst people are crossing to visit doctors and hospitals.
Lee Rhiannon said in her speech that the silence from Labor and the coalition around the atrocities of the Israeli military towards Palestine is shameful.
“The Israeli and Palestinian conflict is not one of equal partners: there is an oppressor and there are the oppressed.”
“The international community, including Australian politicians, must not allow Israeli forces to unleash another bloodbath in Gaza and in the West Bank. The people of Gaza, who live in the world’s biggest open prison, endure much hardship every day in the face of Israeli military aggression.”
Basically she carried on about the Government supporting Israel and not caring about the poor Palestinians.
Next up was Vivienne Porsolt spewing her hatred whilst proudly claiming to be a Jew. That raised one the biggest cheers of the day. It makes me sick that people of her ilk trade on their Jewishness, when really they don’t care about it at all.
She perpetuated the lie about the timing of the kidnapping and murder of Gil-Ad Shaer, Naftali Fraenkel and Eyal Yifrah which is going around, that the
kidnapping was a carefully orchestrated Israeli government propaganda campaign designed to destroy the Fatah/Hamas unity government, in order to demonise the Palestinians as ‘terrorists’, and to give the Israeli government another excuse to start a war and that they knew about the deaths of those poor children for days without telling their families.
In other words Israel started an offensive against Gaza due to these deaths, with no mention of rocket attacks for the last 6 months.
My question to our so-called Community Leaders out there is ..
“Why do we tolerate people like this to be Part of our official Community?”
She is not alone. There were other Jews there who I know by name and sight from other ‘events’
“Are we stupid?”
No don’t answer that.  This apparently is democracy, well if this democracy you can have it.
Then she started an attack on Vic Alhadeff, who is the CEO on the NSW Board of Deputies over a recent email, I think it is. It has been blown out of all proportion and she was trying to score Brownie points out of it.
She called on other Jews to stand up and to publicly show their support for the ‘Palestinians’
Then came Jake Lynch. He heads the Department of Peace and Conflict studies at Sydney University.  He is his own ‘study in conflict’. He prevented Prof. Dan Avnon of the Hebrew University from taking a position there. Big story. The point is that Shurat Hadin had tried to take legal  action against him and the case was recently withdrawn.
He made mileage out of that. Shurat HaDin is an Israel NGO  which fights terrorism through the legal system and is doing excellent work. He accused them of being the puppet of the Israeli government. Which received huge cheers.
He never got to finish his speech. Whilst he was speaking some protesters stormed the makeshift stage on the side steps of the Town Hall .
I wasn’t 100% sure what happened.  I heard some agitated people around me. The next thing I noticed was a man tearing down the huge Palestinian Flag accompanied by a man with a large movie camera.
There was some kind of a struggle with Police called on to the stage. According to the Telegraph it was ‘performance’ was about a Hezbollah flag causing offence.

I didn’t see one and if one was there, what was the kerfuffle about seeing as to how they weren’t in short supply at the rally.?
What I did see on the right hand side of the stage was a man standing holding an Australian flag aloft by its top corners before he was pulled away by Police. No doubt it was someone showing his anger at foreign flags being flown in this country, which traditionally we don’t like.
There were a couple of other insignificant speakers and the constant chanting the usual anti-Israel slogans.
They way they were whipping people up to a frenzy really was very confronting.
We followed the March around a City block. The noise was deafening. There really wasn’t much interest from people around and I did hear some complaints. I am happy I wasn’t one the drivers in the many vehicles stopped to let this rabble through.
We stopped to do a head count and figured about 2,500. We asked the police, they said similar, though I heard on 9 News last night 5,000. No way.  The noise of their screaming at times was deafening. They have more organised for the 20th and 26th which they claim will be bigger and better.

28 comments:

  1. The haters are everywhere. It takes these types of events to awaken people from the slumber so they may at last realize what is brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. It looks great.

    oldschooltwentysix you are spot on my sentiments exactly but the Jewish Community is apathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes you think the quiet ones don't quietly support this too? In countries where a third of the people happily answer surveys telling complete strangers they, and I quote "Hate Jews" unquote, the reality is far far higher. It not shocking that some loon screams the camera that the Jews control the weather and such. It's that he's the guy his group of 30 or 300 elected to speak.

      Delete
  3. It is precisely because we are so outnumbered that it makes me not apathetic.

    It makes me pissed off, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Board Of Deputies meeting this evening which I don't want to go to. I was posting this article until 3 this morning and am very tired..
    I need to go whilst I am angry.
    I need an answer to the question of why we tolerate these leftist to be part our formal community when they can stand up at a rally like they did on Sunday and run Israel down to Jew/Israel haters..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'know, Shirlee, this is an important piece.

    I am glad that you've written it and allowed me to post it here, but every time that I read it I get an inexplicable hankering for a quarter-pounder with cheese.

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one with the kefiyeh, balaclava, and "SAVE GAZA" sign would have been more fitting if his head-covering was cone-shaped with just holes around the eyes for him to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely.

      We need to get people to understand that when they see these guys in ski masks, think the Klan.

      Delete
    2. "We need to get people to understand that when they see these guys in ski masks, think the Klan."

      Exactly the image I went for when I reposted Shirlee's piece.

      http://geofffff.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/kkk-racists-on-march-through-sydney-cbd.html

      Delete
  7. Again though, the Holocaust wasn't 28 guys with some pesticide. It was millions of people engaged in the industrial logistics of mass murder. 2000 guys pretending to be Hamas isn't the problem. Behind them is world wide movement to let it happen. Expose them as Nazis? So what. We're only saving time in letting a million people do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Expose them as Nazis? So what."

      You answered that in the sentence right before that, "Behind them is world wide movement to let it happen." We're not going to get through to the people who are part of rallies like that one. However, those people need to convince a larger cadre of useful idiots in order to become a threat. The useful idiots mostly are attracted by the simplistic argument that there is one group living well and one living poorly and is receptive to the claim that the group living well is doing so at the expense of the one that is not. Exposing them as Nazis has a chance of penetrating the skulls of their useful idiots that support of such groups is not a stand against racism but rather a stand to promote racism.

      Delete
  8. People in your country should be terrified there are so many terrorist sympathizers in their midst.G-d help you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually a little surprised at the intensity of hatred toward Israel / Jews in Australia.

      It seems considerably worse than in the US... although, coming to a theater near you, eventually.

      Delete
    2. I can't picture it, and I'd like to hope I'm right.

      The largest antisemitic anti-Israel rally here in Philadelphia I can recall was a couple years ago outside the Israeli consulate, which was matched at least person-for-person, on less than one day's notice, by pro-Israel folks across the other side of the street. About 100 people, total. I can't imagine anything like what Shirlee writes about happening here, and I hope I'm right.

      On a side note, the Israeli consulate in Center City, Philadelphia is just a few blocks away from one of the spots where the Black Hebrew Israelite hate group regularly 'speaks' (or to be more precise, screeches at, and about, white people, as well as Black Muslims), while nonetheless surrounded by their signs claiming Israel and the Star of David.

      I keep hoping that one day a group of angry BDS shits will wander upon a Black Hebrew Israelite gathering and spark the most ignorant, yet comic, battle of antisemitic idiocy in world history, against each other.

      Delete
    3. Actually Mike I have the same reaction when looking at what is going on across the US and you can be certain I'm not trying to point score. I find that more frightening because the US is so important.

      Delete
    4. Jay, there is little doubt in my mind that throughout our lives the United States will probably be the safest place for Jews to live as Jews in the world, including Israel.

      Delete
    5. Geoff, I have never been to Australia, but my brother-in-law lived in Sidney for a number of years and I am looking forward to visiting when the opportunity arises, which is likely will within the next few years.

      We have relatives in Singapore, so I may come swinging by your neck of the woods before too long.

      I would, actually, very much like to go and I am guessing that the fishing is pretty damn good.

      Perhaps we can hook up for a beer.

      I think that Shirlee's article took me a bit off guard. I tend to think of the US, Canada, and Australia as very, very similar in terms of outlook and culture.

      Sure, you guys have your funny accent and idiosyncrasies... ;O)... but I think of Australia as among the safe havens.

      Delete
    6. Same here, Mike, re: safe havens.

      No offense, but the only major American city I can ever picture a large such 'rally' happening in would be San Francisco. Portland and Seattle would be too lazy, heh. But even in SF, I couldn't picture too much of a mess along the lines of what Shirlee reports...

      I think here in the US, it mainly bubbles under the surface due to social unacceptability. For instance, the sick fuck on Daily Kos who is currently calling me a racist child-killer who must be on drugs because I take issue with his claim that it's reasonable for people who hate Israel to stone Jews in France, would never say such a thing in public under his real name. So at least we still have that. I wonder if this is becoming less the case elsewhere, perhaps?

      Delete
    7. See this:

      https://mikereport.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/shocking-anti-semitic-hatefest-in-downtown-seattle/

      Delete
    8. Damn, hadn't seen that one. Thanks for the info, School. I remember back in Portland, being shocked that the BDSers who regularly congregated outside my local New Seasons Market could never attract any support. And believe me, if you can't draw in Portlander shoppers at the New Seasons on Hawthorne, of all neighborhood, you're a serious BDS Fail.

      I used to perch myself in the window seat of the Vietnamese restaurant across the street on occasion, and have a warming bowl of pho on many a dark, cool and wet Portland afternoon, warming myself even further enjoying the unlikely BDS Fail on regular public display there.

      There's a video out there somewhere of BDSers 'singing' in a different New Seasons elsewhere in town. Pretty sure it's still on YouTube.

      Sad to hear this just happened in Seattle...

      Delete
    9. Welcome any time Mike. Just get to Coolangatta airport (about one hour flight north of Sydney) and I'll take it from there.

      That goes for all

      Delete
  9. After reading all the Israel hating diaries at dKos lately I am suggesting they change their name to dHamas. I suspect ya'll know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of other knee jerk hatred and false outrage there, in general, as there is on almost every political blog, but the hate for Israel is most pronounced, no matter the situation.

      Look at the causes they promote and ask who are they to lecture anyone.

      Ironic, too, that the singular object of the obsession is the state with the best record in the matter of human rights. But here is where the antisemitism shows itself.

      Delete
    2. I think that I need to come up with a comprehensive list of what we might call "the boundaries of progressive-left hate."

      In other words, who is it OK to hate and who not?

      Obviously, Israeli-Jews and "Zionists" are OK to hate.

      Evangelical Christians are OK to hate.

      White men are OK to hate.

      "Conservatives," whatever that means exactly, are OK to hate.

      And, then, of course, hating certain high-profile conservatives is more or less mandatory.

      Off the top of my head, in no particular order, we are required to hate:

      Sarah Palin

      Sean Hannity

      Ann Coulter

      Donald Rumsfeld

      George W. Bush

      Rush Limbaugh

      Glenn Beck

      Michelle Bachman

      Newt Gingrich (The Gingrich Who Stole Christmas!)

      Mike Huckabee

      John Ashcroft

      David Horowitz

      Alberto Gonzalez

      And on and on and on and on.

      Delete
    3. It goes both ways, which is a large problem to getting much done.

      Delete
    4. It does go both ways.

      I am just not very familiar with the other side.

      Delete
    5. It's bad enough at mainstream conservative sites, to see the mentality of the commenters, but I have a feeling that it's worse at places like Red State.

      Delete
  10. "Brendan O’Neill
    Editor

    The line between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism gets thinner every day.

    Why are Western liberals always more offended by Israeli militarism than by any other kind of militarism? It’s extraordinary. France can invade Mali and there won’t be loud, rowdy protests by peaceniks in Paris. David Cameron, backed by a whopping 557 members of parliament, can order airstrikes on Libya and British leftists won’t give over their Twitterfeeds to publishing gruesome pics of the Libyan civilians killed as a consequence. President Obama can resume his drone attacks in Pakistan, killing 13 people in one strike last month, and Washington won’t be besieged by angry anti-war folk demanding ‘Hands off Pakistan’. But the minute Israel fires a rocket into Gaza, the second Israeli politicians say they’re at war again with Hamas, radicals in all these Western nations will take to the streets, wave hyperbolic placards, fulminate on Twitter, publish pictures of dead Palestinian children, publish the names and ages of everyone ‘MURDERED BY ISRAEL’, and generally scream about Israeli ‘bloodletting’. (When the West bombs another country, it’s ‘war’; when Israel does it, it’s ‘bloodletting’.)....."

    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/theres-something-very-ugly-in-this-rage-against-israel/15400#.U8dimkCWmho

    ReplyDelete