Sunday, October 13, 2013

Politics Vs Theology: Beginning A Discussion With David Swindle

Michael L.

David Swindle, editor of PJ Lifestyle of Pajamas Media, and I are opening up discussion around a number of issues, the foremost being the question of religious faith in politics.

I hope that you guys will check it out and join the discussion as it develops in the coming weeks.  One thing that Swindle and I have in common is that we were both progressives, or at least liberals, during earlier years and have since thought deeper into certain key long-held assumptions.

I still consider myself a liberal, in the current American sense of the word, because on the issues that is where I generally fall and it is the issues, after all, that count.  David, on the other hand, has traveled a greater distance than myself on the political spectrum, but I will leave it to him to describe how that is or even if that is true.

It is hugely important to maintain an open mind in politics (if not pretty much everything else) and if someone seems never to deviate their political orientation no matter what icebergs come their way, then you can be sure that you are dealing with an entrenched ideologue.  

And that is something that Swindle is most certainly not.

In any case, I am looking forward to the discussion and we'll see where it leads.

But it begins right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment