Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rockets Keep Falling Down...

JayinPhiladelphia

I just got back home a couple hours ago.  I took a few trains up to North Jersey yesterday, hitched a ride on down to Atlantic City for a work function Thursday morning, then took a few more trains back home from there to Philadelphia this evening.

At no point during any of those journeys did I ever once even consider the possibility of coming under fire from terrorist missiles out of New York, Delaware or Maryland.

Would that Israelis could be so fortunate.
A rocket exploded Wednesday – the holiday of Shavuot - in an open area at the Eshkol Regional Council. No injuries or damage were reported. A Color Red siren sounded prior to the hit. Eshkol Regional Council head Chaim Yalin said the rocket did not stop the residents from enjoying the holiday. "Not the weather or the rockets will ruin our holiday," he said. "The farmers worked all year ling to celebrate their holiday.
Friday will be upon us soon, at least here in the US, and I'm off to bed in a few.

I don't have to worry about bands of savages from Gloucester County, New Jersey smashing through my windows and slitting my throat, or cutting my heart out, while I sleep, either.

And neither do any of the rest of us who live outside of Israel.

Just a reminder of sorts, I suppose.  I would like to think it's a useful one to keep in mind.

1 comment:

  1. No other state has to prove it has a right to exist, even to people who say it does.

    We live in a place where too many intelligent people are woefully uniformed and gullible. Try to provide accurate facts and they will resist. They believe they know better, but if they were truly informed they would most likely have a different position. They fall into relativism and are generally indifferent because they are confused. As a result of their "solidarity," they become dupes.

    ReplyDelete